Featured Artist, Arts Business Institute, Oct 21, 2016 https://artsbusinessinstitute.org/artists/artist-profile-laura-goff/
The Stained Glass Quarterly, Summer 2016 "Introducing Laura Goff"
The Farragut Press, Jan. 17, 2013
The Knoxville News Sentinel, Jan. 6, 2013
Fall 2012, Stained Glass Quarterly
Stained Glass featured in:
The Stained Glass Quarterly, FYI Gallery, Fall 2009
The Stained Glass Quarterly, FYI Gallery, Spring 2007
The Stained Glass Quarterly, FYI Gallery, Spring 2005
Creative Stained Glass, by Christine Kellman Stevenson, 2002
Portrait Photos featured in:
Stained Glass Quarterly, Fall 2011
Stained Glass Quarterly, Summer 2012
Stained Glass Quarterly, 2013
FaceBook Administrator for the SGAA - April 2012 - January 2017
Taught: Introduction to Painting on Glass Class at the 2014, SGAA, Summer Conference
Secretary for the Stained Glass School 2009 - 2011
Impromptu Speaker on Social Media, 2013, SGAA, Summer Conference
Parent Volunteer: Farragut Primary School, Farragut Elementary School, and Farragut Middle School
UMW Secretary. 2004-2006 First Farragut United Methodist Church
For more information on my experience, please view my Linked In profile.
Laura Goff Parham
Laura Goff Designs
519 Lovell Rd, STE 306
Knoxville, TN 37932
Laura Goff Parham
519 Lovell Road, Suite 306 • Knoxville, TN 37932
Highly-motivated professional with a successful record of achievements and experience for contributing to the growth, profitability and success of two small businesses in highly competitive markets since 1990. Demonstrated the ability to take on multiple roles by learning and adapting quickly to new technology, procedures, industry-specific regulatory requirements and management responsibilities. Experience is supported by excellent communication and interpersonal skills for working closely with team members/associates to ensure the attainment of company goals. Strengths:
• Social Media Marketing (Facebook, Flickr, Twitter)
• Client Newsletter, Magazine Article & Blog Writing
• E-Mail Marketing Programs
• Customer Contacts Database Management
• Proficient in: QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Corel Draw, and Adobe Photoshop
• Business Office Administration
• Accounting & Bookkeeping
• Human Resources Functions
• OSHA & EPA Compliance
• Employee Benefits Administration
• Employee Safety Programs
• Accounts Payable & Receivable
• Purchasing & Inventory Management
• Contract Negotiations
• Client Communication
• Payroll Preparation & Processing
• Tax Reporting
• Material Estimating
• Project Management / Tracking
• Job Cost Tracking
TENNOVA HEALTHCARE, Knoxville, TN (Temp Position during merger/acquisition) Jan 2014 – Oct 2014
Executive Assistant to Neil Heatherly, CEO, CHS
Executive Assistant to Mike Garfield, CEO, HMA and Bill Ziesmer, CFO, HMA
Coordinated with contractors to build a new office, planned the layout of the office, and supervised the movers.
The office was operational within 2 days of the move.
Problem solved with IT to manage Executive’s calendar – due to merging two different networks. Received pay rate changes, bonuses, and other financial data from 13 hospitals. Maintained calendar and schedules for 6 Executives using Microsoft Outlook. Handled correspondence for the Executives. Created expense reports for the leadership team. Planned many receptions in the office and at other venues. Ordered supplies and scheduled repairs on office equipment.
CAMPBELL STATION WINE AND SPIRITS, Knoxville, TN August 2012 – Jan 2014
Accounting & Administrative Assistant. Provided administrative and general business support to this small business, including payroll preparation, accounts payable (A/P), staff training, and records management.
• Use QuickBooks for all accounting functions, including entering payroll, A/P, sales, and deposit (credit card) data.
• Verify daily receipts and logs against monthly bank and credit card statements.
• Reconcile checking account and statements monthly; maintain sales logs on daily, monthly, and yearly basis.
• Work as liaison between owner and CPA to improve cash flow and develop cash control procedures.
STATE OF THE ART, INC., Knoxville, TN (Co-Owner) 1990 – 2013
Business & Marketing Manager. Fulfilled multiple roles and contributed to the success of this stained glass studio that grew from $29,000 in annual sales to more than $600,000 annually. Accountable for human resources (15 employees), accounting/bookkeeping, marketing, advertising, public relations, project management, and office administration.
Business Administration & Human Resources:
• Developed new hire policies and procedures, non-compete agreements, and sexual harassment policy.
• Maintained personnel files, verified IRS employment eligibility, and filed TN New Hire forms.
• Reviewed the company general liabilities insurance and worker compensation policies; requested and reviewed
quotes; compiled the required annual audit by the insurance company.
• Maintained spreadsheet on employee benefits (i.e., paid time off, sick leave, and holidays; accrued PTO).
• Enrolled employees in benefits programs and handled annual negotiations and renewals to control rates.
• Managed and developed company-wide safety program and guidelines with regular training sessions for employees and maintained OSHA and EPA-required compliance/safety records.
Advertising / Marketing:
• Improved company name recognition and generated new business through marketing and advertising efforts.
• Created marketing materials (i.e., post cards, brochures, newsletters) using Corel Draw and Adobe Photoshop.
• Created company booklet featuring studios designs, including content, layout, binding, printing, and distribution.
• Developed and distributed quarterly newsletters to more than 1,500 recipients, including writing content and
coordinating all printing and distribution.
• Planned promotional sales and events; developed newspaper and radio advertisements, email marketing program,and signage for company trucks.
• Created and managed the company’s Facebook and Flickr accounts; uploaded 2,500 photos of stained glass, linked Flickr, blog, Facebook, and Linkedin. Tagged photos with appropriate key words.
• Worked the Google alerts on daily basis; mailed promotional information to prospects when appropriate.
• Administered the company’s website, including selecting/uploading photos of featured projects, writing content for
featured projects, and maintaining reference list and artist resumes/portfolios.
• Submitted information to the Stained Glass Quarterly that resulted in promoting the studio to a broader audience and getting the studio featured multiple times in the FYI Gallery section.
• Maintained database of newspaper and magazine articles for quick access to promotional information.
Accounting & Bookkeeping:
• Managed all aspects of accounting, payroll and bookkeeping, including:
- handling accounts payable and receivable - tracking/compiling sales for sales tax reporting
• Applied labor costs to jobs to track profitability and tracked in shop versus out of shop jobs to lower cost of work
Operations & Project Management:
• Provided front-line client support, including meeting with clients in studio, answering questions, and scheduling
conferences to determine installation needs and develop estimates.
• Drafted contracts, collected deposits, prepared job material estimates, purchased supplies, billed clients, and
followed up with clients through project completion to ensure satisfaction.
• Supervised and trained staff to meet customer, schedule, budget, and quality objectives.
• Managed inventory, including ordering materials/supplies, checking products against packing lists, inspecting
materials for damage, verifying current costs and adjusting prices as necessary, entering/maintaining product
information in point of sale program, and stocking shelves.
Designed, fabricated 20,000 stained glass windows. Created over 90% of the artistic projects at State of the Art, Inc. Master level painter. Master level beveler. Master level sand blaster. Sand Carved glass. Silk screening on glass.
STAINED GLASS ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA (SGAA) (Volunteer) April 2009 – Jan 2017
Work the Google Alerts to find appropriate articles to post on SGAA Facebook page daily. Increase fans from 1050 on April 1, 2012 to 8830. Received Distinguished Service Award in 2014 for success of social media. Impromptu speaker on Social Marketing at the 2012 Summer Conference. Served on Membership Committee, Conference Committee, Exhibition Committee, and Marketing Committee, Silent Auction Committee. Taught Introduction to Glass Painting Class, Summer 2014. Served as Secretary for the Stained Glass School from 2009 – 2011.
BA, Art History with Minor in English, University of Tennessee, Knoxville TN